Support the art of Thornwolf and have a chance to win FREE art!
I’m so grateful that I get to draw pretty pictures for a living, it’s like a dream come true! Though, when your favorite thing is also your job, it’s easy to shove your dreams aside in favor of what helps you pay the bills, like private commissions. Drawing people’s OC’s is still fun, but many of my own ideas go left unexplored.
The images in this banner are all pieces that were created from my own ideas, and many of them are your favorite pieces of artwork I’ve created to date! If you are a fan of my artwork and would love to see more of my personal artwork come to life, please consider sponsoring me through my ongoing “tip-jar” sponsorship site, Patreon!
By sponsoring my time for as little as $1, you will not only get to see more works like these be created for your enjoyment, higher tiered patrons also have the opportunity to earn monthly gifts as a thanks from me to you! Such perks include:
- Free prints of each piece created through sponsorship
- A monthly raffle for a FREE sketch of your character
- Exclusive news, updates, and WIP scans of current pieces
- Stickers and Magnets
- Discount codes for my online store
- Steep discounts on private commissions
Here is the most recent piece I’ve created through the help of my Patreon sponsors:
"Starry Eyes" - Watercolor - 8 x 4.5"
Fans like you are the reason I keep going. No donation is too low, I’m grateful for each and every tip you give me as a way of saying “I like what you do, keep doing it”.
Artist asks GO!
- 1: Take a picture of your workspace.
- 2: Show your pencilcase and what's inside.
- 3: Show a thing you last drew, no matter how small or a "doodle" it is.
- 4: Lineart or coloring?
- 5: Who/what inspires you?
- 7: Draw a same pic with your dominant and non-dominant hand.
- 8: Redraw one favorite piece of art by other (internet/tumblr) artist.
- 9: Do you have any OCs?
- 10: Draw a gijinka of your blog.
- 11: Do you listen to music when you draw? Favorites?
- 12: Favorite thing to draw?
- 13: Least favorite thing to draw?
- 14: Draw a pic of yourself like how you look just now.
- 15. Any weird artist behaviour you admit doing?
- Anyone wanna ask me stuff? Pick a number for my Ask Box : )
How to Turn Down an Artist’s Price Quote
The right way: “Sorry, that’s a bit outside my budget right now, so I’ll have to pass. Thanks for the price quote!”
The wrong way: “How dare you charge so much? That’s way too expensive! I’m going to have someone better than you do it cheaper, I don’t want your substandard work anyway!”
Don’t do it the wrong way. Word travels fast in artist’s circles and you’ll find nobody wants to do business with you if you’re an ass.
Going to reemphasize how much artists talk with one another. We look out for each other, we don’t want to deal with jerks or have our friends share in our bad experience. If you’re mean or tactless to one of us, you may find yourself on more than one blacklist before the end of the week. This also goes for positive experiences though. If you’re an amazing client, others will recommend you/vouch for you. I’ve actually gotten some of my best clients because I talked with artist friends who did work for them and I approached the client directly for consideration. We want to work for awesome people and will actively surround ourselves with good people and blacklist the bad, so, be kind to craftspeople. It’s a small internet. :)